Here’s comes Labor Day…three days of fun, BBQ, beach, picnics and of course, cocktails! Let’s start off with something tropical…
Cruzan® Tropical Storm
Recipe by Teddy Collins, Miami
2 parts Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
1 part Fresh Mango Juice
1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
Method: In a cocktail shaker, combine Cruzan Aged Dark Rum, fresh lemon juice and fresh mango juice. Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for 8 seconds. Immediately strain into an ice filled tiki mug. Top with 2 dashes of bitters and sprinkle a pinch of crushed black peppercorn, to taste. Garnish with a fresh mint spring and tiki umbrella skewered with a maraschino cherry and fresh mango slice. Finish with a straw and enjoy!
Does it get any more fun than this? A boozy slushie?
- 1 small seedless watermelon, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 c. light coconut milk
- 2 oz. rum
- 1 tbsp. agave
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of watermelon until the watermelon half is mostly hollow. Arrange scoops on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours. Reserve any accumulated juices, strain and set aside.
- When the watermelon is frozen, add about three-quarters of the scoops to a blender, along with coconut milk, lime juice, and agave. If you have trouble blending, slowly add some of the watermelon juice. Blend until smooth and slushy.
- Serve in hollowed out watermelon rinds
For those with a sweet tooth, make the Knob Creek® Smoke & Char cocktail. Impress your guests by grilling the peaches in this recipe and muddling them with basil leaves to make a cocktail with a hint of peach flavoring.
Knob Creek® Smoke & Char
By Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
2 parts Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon
½ part Fresh Lemon Juice
¼ part Demerara Syrup
2 slices of Charred Peaches
4 large Basil Leaves
1. Char peaches slices on grill until nice grill marks appear.
2. Muddle charred peach slices with basil leaves and set aside.
3. Add Knob Creek® Smoked Maple, fresh lemon juice, Demerara syrup
and muddled peach and basil mixture to a cocktail shaker with ice.
4. Shake and strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
You can make this delish Cajun Lemonade with either white rum or vodka (we prefer the vodka version) and make it in advance so you’ll have more time to party at your own party.
In a resealable container, combine all of the ingredients except ice, the 7-Up and the lemon wheels. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Cover tightly and shake, then pour into an ice-filled pitcher. Strain into ice-filled rocks glasses, stir in the 7-Up and garnish with lemon wheels.
- 12 ounces white rum or vodka
- 4 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
- 8 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces Simple Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Tabasco
- 8 ounces chilled 7-Up
- Thin lemon wheels, for garnish (optional)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.