Trevor Noah hosted the pandemic 63rd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles Sunday night in a surprisingly intimate show, where the focus was on performances, not glitz (though most artists brought the sparkle.)
Women took over as they won ALL four major categories. Here are the big winners:
- Taylor Swift won her third album of the year award.
- Megan Thee Stallion won best new artist.
- H.E.R. took home song of the year.
- Billie Eilish won the big one — Record of the Year for her song ‘Everything I Wanted.’
- Beyonce broke the record for most wins ever by a singer and most wins by a female artist with 28 in total.
- Harry Styles stylishly picked up the Best Pop Performance category.
- Dua Lipa scoring Best Pop Vocal Album for Future Nostalgia.
As each act played the other artists, already on their socially distanced stages, nodded in appreciation, almost as if we had crashed a musicians party.
This is what the Grammys has always been about …the music.