Boy, this sure is their year! DJ duo Drew Taggart and Alex Pall — known to must of us as The Chainsmokers — had the summer’s best song with ‘Closer’ and to top it off, they took home a Grammy Sunday night for ‘Best Dance Recording’ for their new hit, ‘Don’t Let Me Down’ with Dava.
Besides sounding good, the boys looked smoking hot on the Red Carpet, well-groomed but still rock n’ roll. We asked Celebrity Groomer Simone how he got the effortless look. (And you thought it was easier being a guy! )
To prep Alex’s skin:
- I start with the Baxter of California Herbal Mint Toner to cleanse and prime allowing for a quick refresher.
- From there, I apply the Oil-Free Moisturizer for that needed hydration without the shine, especially for the red carpet.
- Next up is the Under Eye Complex which is massaged into the skin under the eye to reduce any puffiness or dark circles.
- I finish the look with the Hydro Salve Lip Balm which he takes with him to use throughout the night to keep lips smooth .
To prep Drew’s skin:
- I also start with the same Herbal Mint Toner I use on Alex to give the skin a quick refresh.
- I then massage the Under Eye Complex into the skin for any unwanted puffiness or darkness and follow with Super Shape Recharge Cream in any dry patches as a nice way to revitalize the skin, topped with The Oil-Free Moisturizer to keep hydrated through the evening.
- To finish the look I use a small amount of the Hydro Salve Lip Balm to keep lips smooth and moisturized and I will wipe off any additional shine.
- Since Alex has a beard now I use the Beard Comb to make sure its in good shape and put together in a way to last the night.
- For his hair I use the Hard Cream Pomade for shape and then cocktail with the Hard Water Pomade to add a last minute texture and shine which stays in place all night.
- Drew did his own hair before the event tonight, so with Drew I keep it a bit more simple since he loves to have some flexibility as he runs his hands through his hair often.
- I used the Clay Pomade to achieve a more laid back, matte look right before he walked out the door.