As the shock waves roll through nations and stock markets after the United Kingdom voted to leave the EU, here’s what you need to know.
- Outside 10 Downing Street, Cameron tells the nation the people have spoken and announces his resignation.
- Britain will have a new Prime Minister before party conference in October, he said
- Cabinet is to meet on Monday to work out next steps forward
- Final tally gives victory to Leave — 17,410,742, Remain — 16,141,241 (52% v. 48%)
- European markets tumbled, the Dow plunged 500 points at open, and pound crashed to its lowest levels in 31 years.