Tim Cook (untucked, if you must know) introduced two new iPhones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus yesterday (more on those later) and teased the Apple Watch, or the ‘iWatch’ — the first tech wearable for the company. It’s so much more than a watch but you can’t play with it until next year. It’s looks snazzy and will retail for $349 , not a bad price point. We predict it will be one of those devices we didn’t know we needed/wanted until we had it, just like most of the Apple products. And for the fashionistas among us, it comes in three finishes, inc. 18 carat gold and multiple bands. Why yes, that’s us standing in line for it.
TWO — count ’em — new phones!
• The iPhone 6 has a 4.7” display, up from the 4” display of the 5S.
• The iPhone 6 Plus has an even larger display, at 5.5”.
• Both phones are thinner than the 5s.
• The phones come with either 16, 64, or 128 GBs. You can preorder them this Friday, the 12th or wait until they arrive on the 19th.
• Pricing on the phones with a two-year contract is as follows:
• iPhone 6: $199 for 16 GB, $299 for 64 GB, $399 for 128 GB.
• iPhone 6 Plus: $299 for 16 GB, $399 for 64 GB, $499 for 128 GB.
Since like almost everyone we use our camera phone ALL the time, we’re excited about the improved camera with faster auto-focus. There’s more apps, they promise better battery life, so bottom line, you’re gonna want it.
But go get your own – we’re ordering ours this Friday.