It isn’t even December and we’re already getting bombarded with holiday decorations and an ominous shopping countdown.
Thankfully, the ancient Chinese art of feng shui can serve as a helpful tool for eliminating stress from your home or workspace so you can focus on the important things (enjoying the holidays). We culled these great tips from The Harmonist’s Feng Shui Master Priya Sher. And should you need some aromatherapy, The Harmonist’s range of fragrances are based on feng shui and can help guide you to a relatively sane holiday season.
1) Ensure the hall is de-cluttered as this is the point where energy enters your home. Keep shoes and coats in a closed cupboard so they don’t stagnate the energy. Place some fresh flowers to uplift the energy here.
2) An excess of the red, black or blue in the kitchen can lead to arguments. Introduce green accessories in your kitchen as well as plants and herbs to support the energy of the family. Ensure all knives are kept in a closed cupboard as when openly displayed, they can send negative energy to the occupants.
3) Keep colors neutral in the dining space to encourage calm. The ideal table is round or oval as they are lacking in sharp edges. Place 4 pieces of bamboo in a vase of water on the table to support the energy of this space.
4) Ensure your living room sofa has its back supported by the wall to support the occupants. Keep a current family photo in the east of the room.
5) To sleep soundly, place bedside tables either side of the bed. The color of the walls should be neutral or light.
To find your element –the five basic elements are Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, and Metal –use the handy tool on the site. (I’m water.)
The Harmonist’s says their elixirs are composed with the ‘rarest and most precious natural ingredients from all over the world, harnessing the purest energy levels to create true signature scents.’ Can’t hurt, might help!