In the summer, adult popsicle creations are our favorite. Get creative or use one of our recipes below. Why didn’t we think of this sooner?
Basil Hayden’s Berry American
Created by Rob Floyd, Los Angeles
7 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 1/2 parts Elderflower Syrup
2 parts Water
2 parts Fresh Lime Juice
4-5 Strawberries, medium size
1. Poke a hole in each blueberry and soak in 4 parts of bourbon for 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. Add strawberries to cocktail shaker and muddle.
3. Add fresh lime juice, Elderflower syrup, remaining bourbon and water to the cocktail shaker and shake hard.
4. Add to the popsicle molds.
5. Add three bourbon-soaked blueberries to each mold and freeze.
Blackberry Prosecco Popsicle
Makes 12 2.5oz popsicles
20 oz Prosecco
1/3 cup of blackberries
4 oz crème de cassis
Splash of fresh lime juice
2 pinches of lime zest
1. Place blackberries in a bowl and pour crème de cassis on top and toss to coat. Using a muddler or a rounded blunt end of a kitchen tool, crush berries into the crème de cassis. Add lime juice and zest, toss to combine.
2. Measure out approximately 1 teaspoon of berry mixture into bottom of your chosen popsicle form and pour Prosecco on top.
3. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight.
A few notes:
1. Do not remove from freezer until ready to serve, or plate over crushed ice as the carbonation in the Prosecco creates tiny air pockets that will make the popsicles melt faster.
2. Cordial glasses were used for the popsicles in the picture, but any form will work.