Lets all heave a sigh of relief that 2013 is over and we all survived, a little older, a little wiser and hopefully, a lot smarter.
I was planning to get all Pa-Pow-worthy. Which means getting all glammed up and making men’s hearts melt and women look at us with envy. Unfortunately I wound up ringing in the New Year with my good buddies, Nyquil and Sudafed! So I didn’t get to rock my look for the last minutes of 2013. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t start the new year off with a hot new style to carry us until spring.
Mary Kay Cosmetics, you know her as my own personal Mistress of Pinkness, has come up with some sexy and sultry looks for a 2014 look that includes the “Bold and Smoky Eye”.
* Using Mary Kay® Liquid Eyeliner, drag the tip across the lash line and create an embellishment by winging out the liner in the outer corner about an inch past the eye. For an even bolder option, apply liquid liner to the lower lash line as well starting halfway across the eye and meet the previous line in the outside corner.
Now, if you want to get your hair trending for 2014, celebrity hair stylist Stephanie Flor gives us step by step instructions on how to achieve the sexy hair styles:
Straight and Sleek:
* Start of by washing your hair with La Bella’s Manzanilla Conditioning Shampoo to get it silky smooth.
* Blow dry your hair straight with a flat brush using La Bella’s Super Shine Polishing Serum (Make sure to apply a dime size amount onto damp hair and then blow dry)
* Using La Bella’s Freeze and hold styling gel comb your hair into a high ponytail. Make sure to get this extra sleek by really pulling it to its highest point and use a little more of the Super Shine Polishing Serum comb it into the pony. ( It will protect the hair from heat, and keep it hydrated)
Additional tip from Stephanie, “If you are looking for volume, tease your hair at the top. If you want more of a sleek look part your hair into small sections and straighten them with a straightener.”
* Start by using the La Bella Los Caballos Shampoo and Conditioner. Apply a quarter size La Bella Instant curl crème to your hair and comb through using your fingers. This will make it easier to style when curling and stop the frizz.
* For a natural, untouched look, use a diffuser attachment or a regular hair dryer and replace a brush for your fingers as your blow dry your hair.
* Next, using a 1’inch curling iron grab small sections and wrap the hair around the barrel. Do this until you have a good amount of soft curls.
* Spray Le Bella’s Super Shine Polishing Spray 2-3 times around the hair and run your fingers through it. Use bobby pins (same color as your hair) to pin small strands from both sides back.
About this look from Stephanie, “You will love this effortless look its simple and a perfect soft holiday look.”
Finally, 2014 should be all about glitter and glam. The best way to rock that look is with Gleam by Melanie Mills. GLEAM Body Radiance was invented by Emmy Award winning make up artist Melanie Mills. She invented it to finish and even spray tans when she was the Make Up department head on Dancing With The Stars.
Even without a spray-tan, Gleam helps to hide imperfections like sun damage, sunburns, dark spots, blemishes, stretch marks, uneven pigmentation. It looks stunning on camera and delivers a velvety finish. Wardrobe and makeup artists refer to it as “liquid pantyhose”. GLEAM is transfer-resistant and will stay on, and is designed to firm and nourish the skin. The formulation is non-comedogenic and easily washed off, and has a host of skin-loving ingredients. There are no parabens, sulfates, petroleum products, or phthalates in the product. The product is only tested on celebrities, never animals!
This transfer-resistant Body Radiance comes in four different tones: Light Gold, Rose Gold, Bronze Gold and Deep Gold. Plus, they can be used anywhere—face included!