If you missed London’s 2014 Fashion Week, here is one of the hottest hair looks of the season — and how to replicate the same style at home. Key to all the new hairstyles was the new ghd eclipse styler, which crimped, gelled or backcombed hair like a pro. ($245.)
The rounded barrel easily creates curls, waves, flicks, and the “perfect straight,” as you see below. Ceramic heaters and contoured plates glide through hair for smoother, snag-free styling. The body stays cooler than the current generation of stylers, making the ghd Gold Professional Styler cooler to touch and lighter to handle. A protective plate-guard secures the hot plates when the styler is switched off, a handy feature for those of us who have burnt outselves many more times than we’d care to admit!
“In order to mirror the modern tailoring seen in the Lucas Nascimento AW14 collection, we concentrated shine at the parting of the hair and volume was kept low on top of the head. The ghd eclipse was the key styling tool to create width and reflect the raw edges found in the collection.” Kenna, ghd UK creative director.
GET THE LOOK:
Prep: To create a textured base apply ghd style root lift spray to wet hair.
- Blast the hair dry with the ghd air hairdryer.
- Make a wide side parting on the right hand side of the head with the ghd detangling comb and follow it down the curve of the head to the nape.
- Brush this smaller section of hair flat using the ghd oval dressing brush and lightly spray with ghd style final fix spray. Tie this section of hair back with an elastic band.
- Section the rest of the hair to the left. Using the ghd eclipse®, create soft wide 70s style waves by taking 2 inch sections of the hair and placing the styler in at the root, bottom up, close to the head.
- Rotate the styler 180 degrees clockwise pushing the hair down and diagonally a few centimetres, then rotating anticlockwise by 180 degrees – repeating to the ends. This will get width in the silhouette.6. Brush out with ghd paddle brush to break the waves and put distance between each hair, creating width and an “airy” texture.
- Top tip: To soften the grooves take the hair in two sections, top and bottom, and blow dry on a slow and medium heat with the ghd air and ghd paddle brush.
- To finish the look gently mist the hair with ghd style final fix hairspray.
NOTE: The ghd eclipse is taking names, that is, on a waiting list to be notified when it’s available, which is supposed to be sometime in March.