Chef Meg Hall’s Vanilla Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries is to die for — not from! Since one of the main ingredients is ‘Designer Whey’ protein powder, it provides increased strength and energy, improved power, faster muscle recovery and better health. At least, that’s what we’re telling ourselves when we go back for another serving.
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries by Chef Meg Hall
4 cups Heavy Cream
¼ cup Sugar
2 scoops Designer Whey Protein, Vanilla
2 packets Powdered Gelatin (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
6 tablespoons Cold water
1. Heat the heavy cream, sugar and Designer Whey powder in a saucepan. Whisk until sugar and powder dissolve, then remove from heat.
2. Lightly spray eight small coffee cups or large white ramekins.
3. Sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Pour the very warm Panna Cotta mixture over the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
5. Pour the Panna Cotta mixture into the prepared cups, then chill them until firm. This may take 2 hours – overnight
6. If you’d like to serve the panna cotta outside the cups, run a sharp knife around the edge of each Panna Cotta and unmold each onto a serving plate, and garnish with fresh berries.
For more recipes, check out the chef’s site at Meg Hall.